Sensitive care in a private and comfortable environment.
Insurance: Our office accepts insurance for abortion services.
FAQ’s about insurance:
How do I know if my plan covers abortion or if I have a co-pay?
- Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card. The customer service representative can tell you if you have coverage for abortion and if you have a copay or deductible.
Do you accept Kaiser?
- Yes, we accept Kaiser with a referral.
Do you accept Quest/Alohacare?
Does Quest/Alohacare cover abortion?
- Yes, Quest and Alohacare will cover abortion in Hawaii.
I have a Federal health insurance (Tricare/Triwest, HMSA Federal, etc)
- Because of a federal statute (called the Hyde Amendment), federal employees’ health plans are not allowed to cover abortion, except in cases of rape, incest, or if the woman’s life it as risk.
I want my services to be confidential. Will the sponsor or subscriber of my insurance know about my abortion?
- Federal privacy laws require that healthcare providers and insurance companies strictly maintain the privacy of patient’s personal health information (PHI).
- Your employer does not have the right to see your medical information, even if they pay for part of your insurance premiums.
- Unless you give us permission, our offices will not disclose information about your services to anyone.
- If you are a dependent on a plan of a spouse or parent, your insurance company may allow you to request confidential communication about your services. Contact your insurance company to inquire about those options.
If we cannot accept your insurance or you do not have insurance coverage for abortion, self-payment is an option. We accept cash or credit card payment for self-pay. Payment is due on the day of your office visit.
- Price Estimates:
- All prices are estimates. Your actual cost will be determined by the services provided.
- Services must be paid for on the day of your visit.
- We will give you an estimate of your costs when you schedule your appointment.
- Medication abortion and in-office procedures prices: approximately $350-$1300*
- *Additional lab fees will apply.
- Operating Room (OR) surgical procedure prices: $5000-$7000
- Estimate includes office fee, OR fees, and anesthesia fees
- Estimate does not include additional lab fees