Complex Contraception Clinic Referrals
We are pleased to announce a new Complex Contraception Clinic within our UCERA faculty practice. The Complex Contraception Clinic serves women with medical or social factors that complicate their contraceptive options. We can offer contraception for adolescent and adult patients, including nulliparous patients, post-partum contraceptive planning, and interconception/pre-conception care. We provide all methods of contraception, including long acting reversible methods and sterilization. Our physicians are subspecialists in family planning with expertise in finding the most effective, evidence-based contraception options for patients.
We are happy to see patients on a consultative or transfer-of-care basis, depending on your preference and the patient’s medical needs.
Patients who may benefit from our services include:
- History of or current cancer
- Cardiovascular disease or other chronic illness
- Migraines or other chronic headaches
- Seizure disorder
- Autoimmune disease
- Pediatric patients or developmental delay (menstrual management)
- Transplantation or dialysis
- Teratogenic medications (Accutane)
- Clotting or bleeding disorder
- Spinal cord injury
- Uterine anomaly
- Difficult IUD or implant removals or insertions
- Dissatisfaction or side effects from previous or current contraceptive methods
To request a consultation or transfer of care for your patient, please complete the attached referral form, attach pertinent medical records, and fax to our offices at 844-811-9548. We will contact your patient directly to schedule an appointment.
Please indicate what type of appointment you are interested in as well:
- One-time consult for contraception counseling, recommendations, and/or provision.
- Consult and ongoing management of contraception.
- Transfer of care for gynecology and contraceptive management.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 203-6561.